Below are some common trends that I have noticed over the years. But I will say that each person is unique from the shape of their fingers to their personal style, be sure choose what best fits yours. It is most helpful to try on bands in person to see what you like on your own hand, so I always recommend going to a big jewelry store with lots of options to get a good idea.
- 1.5mm: Very delicate, I don't recommend going any thinner than this.
- 2mm: Narrow, perfect if you want a thin band to sit against your engagement ring.
- 3mm (Spaghetti) : Classic woman's width, fits nicely next to an engagement ring, but is also weighty enough to be worn on its own.
- 4mm: Medium, a common choice for men who want a slimmer band or women who do not wear an engagement ring.
- 5mm (Linguine): When you picture the traditional men's wedding band this is it, but many women also opt for a wider band like this.
- 6mm (Fettuccine): Wide, bold, and solid.