Below are some common trends that I have noticed over the years. But I will say that each person is unique from the shape of their fingers to their personal style, be sure choose what best fits yours.
- 1.5mm: Very delicate, I don't recommend going any thinner than this.
- 2mm: Narrow, perfect if you want a thin band to sit against your engagement ring.
- 3mm (Spaghetti) : Classic woman's width, fits nicely next to an engagement ring, but is also weighty enough to be worn on its own.
- 4mm: Medium, a common choice for men who want a slimmer band or women who do not wear an engagement ring.
- 5mm (Linguine): When you picture the traditional men's wedding band this is it, but many women also opt for a wider band like this.
- 6mm (Fettuccine): Wide, bold, and solid.